Hit the beach, head to a farmers market or use it for a vacay! Add a cool design to a canvas tote bag for a fun personal touch!
You will need:
Tote bag, heat-transfer vinyl (we used glitter heat-transfer vinyl), ScanNCut, iron, press cloth.
- Load your pattern into the machine. We used a butterfly pattern from Tattered Lace Collection 9 (pattern TTLP07010_B) — downloadable from CanvasWorkspace with activation code.
- Make sure the pattern is sized correctly for your surface, making adjustments on the machine’s screen as necessary.
- Using a sheet of heat-transfer vinyl, cut out your pattern. Make sure to use the half cut setting to only cut through the adhesive and not the shiny carrier sheet.
- Remove all excess material from the carrier sheet – weeding out all of the unneeded parts of the pattern.
- Place the pattern & carrier sheet sticky side down on the tote bag.
- Use a spare piece of fabric (presscloth) to protect the design and use an iron to firmly press the vinyl design down onto the tote bag.
- Let the vinyl cool for a few seconds (it will be very hot!) before peeling back the clear carrier sheet. The vinyl should be firmly stuck to the fabric.
- You’re done!