Autumn is just around the corner and it’s a great time to get cozy and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Falling leaves and everything pumpkin-inspired this fun home décor pillow project. This is a great beginner project or for anyone looking to add some adorable fall throw pillows in their home.
- Brother SE625 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- Brother ScanNCut DX SDX125E Electronic Cutting Machine
- P-touch Embellish PT-D215e Ribbon & Tape Printer
- Iron-on applique sheet (optional) OR spray adhesive
- Glue gun
- Stuffing for the pillow
- P-touch Embellish ~1/2″ Wide Satin Ribbon (TZeR234)
1. Begin by cutting out two square pieces of fabric. They should be about the same size.
2. Scan in your desired pumpkin design into the SDX125E. Once your design is scanned, place your fabric on the mat and cut the pumpkin design out (for extra stiffness while cutting spray with starch.).
3. If you are not using our iron-on appliqué sheet, use spray adhesive to adhere the pumpkin to the pillow fabric. Once your pumpkin is securely on the fabric, put the wrong sides of the fabric together. Pin the outside and stitch with a ¼ inch seam allowance. Leave enough space at the end so that you can turn your fabric right-side out. Then stuff your pillow and hand or machine stitch the open part.
4. Using the P-touch Embellish Ribbon & Tape Printer and P-touch Embellish Satin Ribbon (we used gold print on white ribbon), choose your favorite decorative fall pattern, frame and symbol and print two ribbons, 10″ to 12″ long, We used a P-touch Embellish decorative leaf symbol within a P-touch Embellish continuous frame with Hello Fall text for one ribbon and a P-touch Embellish leaf pattern for the second ribbon. You can make the ribbons longer if you’d like the edges of the ribbon to extend further into the pumpkin designs on the pillow. You can use different color ribbon and choose different patterns or symbols for each ribbon or make both ribbons the same. Get creative!
5. If desired, fold the ribbon down the center and cut center to end at an angle creating a dovetail. Tie the ribbons in bows and attach to the pumpkin stems with a hot glue gun.
You’re done! Enjoy a hot beverage with your pumpkin spice pillow!